Our Australian Gas Turbines Conference took place in Melbourne last month and celebrated its 15th anniversary milestone with a comprehensive conference program that included a breadth of topical case studies and technical papers addressing gas turbine operations, maintenance and inspection.
See the top 3 technical presentations viewed online:
1. What are the Training, testing and operational benefits of dynamic simulation for gas turbine operators?
2. What are the inspection limits and measurement capabilities of RDVITM for the inspection of turbines?
3. Tips for warranty defect identification and resolution
In addition to the technical presentations, Subbu Bettadapura of Frost & Sullivan’s KL office joined the conference as a first time speaker at the conference to deliver an informative and entertaining perspective “the outlook for Australia’s Energy sector”.
Some take away predictions from Bettadapura’s presentation:
– Demand for new equipment in Australia will likely be driven by the oil & gas, mining and infrastructure segments
– Service opportunities look to increase, although the service market is set to heat up as competition between OEMs and non-OEMs increases and the industry faces pressures to cut costs
– Where are the future opportunities for Primemovers in the Southeast Asia Oil & Gas Projects? (2016 –2021). Bettadapura tips Indonesia, Malaysia and Vietnam as the hot spots to keep an eye on.
We would like to thank all of the attendees, speakers, sponsors and exhibitors that supported the 2014 conference, and a special thanks to our lead sponsor Kinetic and our event partner the Gas Turbine Users Forum (GTUF).
Did you attend? Check out the photos from the 2014 conference here
Look out for some exciting new announcements for the 2015 conference in the New Year! Keep in the loop with 2015 event developments by clicking here
We hope to see you in Sydney, next November.