Delivering and maintaining reliable transport infrastructure is crucial in supporting the NT’s booming agricultural, mining and tourism sectors. The importance of transport to the region was solidified in the recent budget handed down by the Territory Government – allocating $320 million to transport infrastructure projects.
In the wake of the region’s incredible growth, the Northern Territory Transport Infrastructure Summit will provide the opportunity to meet with key government officials and industry leaders to examine transport infrastructure projects underway and in the pipeline, plus crucial policy development and financing options to ensure the NT’s future prosperity including:
- Delivering a transport network to support The Territory’s economic growth
- Outlining current government transport infrastructure project priorities
- Transport’s role in securing the NT’s place as a key player in ‘The Asian Century
- Generating private investment in transport projects
- Transport strategies to connect remote and regional communities
- Expanding and maintaining road networks
- Examining the role of rail freight
- Is a dedicated bulk commodity port for Darwin a viable option?
The 2013 Northern Territory Transport Infrastructure Summit is currently in production and the full agenda will released shortly. If you are interested in speaking on the conference program, or contributing your thoughts and ideas to the formation of the topics addressed, we’d love to hear from you!
Please contact the Conference Manager Kara Clifton at email@example.com or on (02) 9080 4013.